"Obi-Wan has taught you well."
Inside a ScrollPane I created a series of input TextFields and gave each an instance name, a unique tabIndex and set tabEnabled to true. The end result was supposed to be a list of input TextFields you could easily tab through. No such luck, seems the cursor just gets stuck in the first TextField. Found a handy forum post where someone states you have to set tabEnabled and tabChildren for the TextFields immediate parent as shown in the following code, note that "this" should be the path to the TextFields immediate parent:
this.tabEnabled = false;
this.tabChildren = true;
I've never really had much use for the Flash DataGrid until a recent project. One of the tasks involved updating a field of a certain row. I was doing it like:
Essentially, there is an array of objects. One of the object properties is called "total_presentations". The above line tell a specific DataGrid row to decrement it's total_presentations property by one. That works as expected except that the actual field doesn't change visually until you roll over/off the updated row which looks rather bad. Calling invalidate or redraw on the DataGrid didn't help. Turns out I'd simply overlooked a DataGrid method called editField. The above line can be rewritten:
this.datagrid_clinicians.editField(clinician_index, "total_presentations", this.datagrid_clinicians.dataProvider[clinician_index].total_presentations - 1);
A bit long winded compared to the first option but it seems to redraw the cell instantly. I just totally missed this method when reading the docs. Luckily I only had to change it in a few places, later on it would of been alot more trouble.
My shiney new Creative Zen arrived today, after the 4 hour initial power charging session I started trying to transfer tracks to the player. All the mp3 files copied as expected but my m3u Winamp playlist files were ignored with the device stating it was an unsupported file type. That sucks since I have hundreds of m3u playlists. I found that the sync tool does the playlist convertion but it means I have to copy the music to my system (from my server) into the sync directory and then manually initiate a sync. It's not too bad but it does double the file copying time and add a small bit of complexity to the process. On the bright side it does mean all my playlist files are still useful
I installed IE8 last night, had to do a manual download as it hasn't shown up in Windows Update yet. Seems ok, took a while to get used to the slight change in tab styling. So everything's going hunky dory until I landed on a Wikipedia page. It was being rendered with some crazy font I had installed months ago for a certain project ("1st Sortie" font for those that are interested). It looked fine in FF3, Opera9 and Chrome and it had looked ok earlier in the day using IE7.
At some point yesterday around 400 fonts got deleted from my system. I didn't realise what had happened at first however I did notice that Flash and Photoshop both crashed during startup at the point when they were loading fonts. I put it down to the system needing a restart due to a ton of updates to various apps and Windows itself being recently installed. Today when I did a full restart I found that IE7, Opera 9 and Chrome displayed every page in italics. FF3 displayed every page in bold. I did a bit of digging which is when I discovered that a large number of fonts had been deleted, these included both the Arial and Courier "Normal" fonts. I tried a number of things before finding a working solution.