Category: Content Management Solutions

CMS Made Simple Base Tag Issue

Yet another opensource system that makes use of the HTML base tag as a hard-coded feature. Why is that a problem? Well if you use SWF Object to output the relevent HTML code necessary to display a Adobe SWF file on your page then you’ll be in for a surprise on IE6. You will get […]

Joomla 1.5 JFTP Errors

I’m really having a love hate relationship with Joomla. The latest bump in the road came when I tried to change a Global Config setting. It told me: JFTP::store: Bad response Warning! – Failed to move file There were loads of other errors depending on what I did but they all started out with various […]

Removing Items From The Format Menu In JCE For Joomla 1.5

I’ve been putting the finishing touches on a new Joomla 1.5 install. I decided to switch from the default TinyMCE text editor and start using the JCE one instead. After customising the menu I reached my final task; removing most of the options in the Format drop down box. That drop down lets you pick […]

Major b2evolution and UFO issue

For the past few months I’ve been using Unobtrusive Flash Objects for writing the code required to display Flash in a HTML page. I’ve never had a problem with it until I decided to use it on my own site. The wiki side worked straight away but the blog consistently died in Internet Explorer 6. […]

Wacko Wiki Google Sitemap Support

A big part of my site uses Wacko Wiki as its engine so when I implemented Google Sitemap support for the other half it only seemed fitting that I do the same for the wiki. I didn’t see any available plugins on the Wacko homepage so I wrote my own function to handle this.