This is a simulation of the Stargate Atlantis Dial Home Device. It includes an example Stargate screen and an example planet movie (Athosia). I decided to release this version now although there are still several additions I would like to make. The gate screen and Athosia demos both include their source code so that you may modify and create your own versions. My hope is that there will be a forum that you can post your movies in so others may share what you have created. Lets get onto the fun stuff; what it can do!
- Please Note: The sim has now been expanded into The Stargate Atlantis Computer Simulator. Please head there for the latest news and releases.
- All previous DHD releases are now hosted on Sourceforge.
- When I updated the theme on my own personal site I decided to move all the SGA computer system screenshots to the TSACS site. You can find them all here.
- Easy to configure XMLs file – a whole bunch of setup options are in there. You can change several key features of the sim.
- Seperate XML files for addresses and config options so updating addresses is even easier
- External Sounds – there's a shortage of good sound effect files at the moment. By keeping them external to the DHD you can easily add new sounds as they are released.
- Extendable Gate Addresses – the addresses and some other information for each planet is stored in the address xml file.
- + for key overlay – press + to show the key numberings. These were taken from a different source than cheveron26 and do not match what they list. Press + again to hide the numberings.
- SGA CS is born!
- Fixed bug when turning off the shield.
- Startup Screen
- Completed about 60% of the work on this over the past few days. Will probably have it nailed in another session or two but that won't be tonight.
- Todays "big" task is that I completed the multi file preloader and I'm rather pleased with it.
- Finished implementing pause support across the system. Seems to work a treat now.
- Fixed a text writing bug where they glitched out in certain situations.
- Fixed the horrid pixelated line along the top of the 8th symbol slot.
- Implemented new power handling system. All gate related activities drain the ZPM(s). Shield is now directly linked to power supply meaning that the shield is always usable as long as you have power.
- Updated colors of triangle glows on dialed symbols panel. The glow now has a bluish tint to it and the symbols have a slightly pink coloring.
- Fixed the translator panel dot columns being in the wrong order.
- Updated volume bar colors and switching the glow effect to the border not the fill.
- It's mostly finished, I'm just adding the final touches to it. This will bring it up to the point I was at last time around so I still need to add the gate content loading system as well as the actual gatescreen itself.
- Implemented 9 symbol dialing. Figured I might as well just do it since I was rewriting the dialing system anyway. Seems to work a treat although it has re-spaked my interest in learning a math based approach to positioning the symbols in the dialed symbols panel triangles. Manually tuning each one is a proper pain and has resulted in some horrible code. Time to call Sinky :
"Stargate", "Stargate SG-1", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Infinity", characters, and images from the film and television series are copyrighted by MGM Television Entertainment, Stargate Productions and NBC / Universal. This web site and simulator are completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by any of the afforementioned companies.