This is a simple short tip on how to copy one or more layers and/or layer groups to a new Adobe Photoshop document.
- Open the document you want to duplicate layers from.
- Create a new document you want the duplicated layers to be placed in or open a current document.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer(s) and/or group(s) you want to copy.
- Right click what you selected in the Layers panel and choose Duplicate.
- In the popup there is a "Destination" section. In the dropdown pick the name of the document you created/opened in step 2 and click OK.
- Done! If you checkout the new file you made/opened earlier in step 2 you will see your layers/groups have been duplicated to there.
- Alternatively, you don't have to create the new document first, in the "Destinations" dropdown the bottom option is "New" which means it will create a new document for you. You just have to fill in the "Name" field which is the title for the new document.